Thursday, January 8, 2009

not enough tools.

I thought I was ready.... spread an old sheet across my living room floor so I could keep the mess confined (and moveable), found a few flathead screwdrivers of varying thicknesses to pry off the finishing tacks, and went to work.

Let me tell you, tacks are the easy part. (Although it would have been LOADS easier with one of these) --->


BUT.... there's only so much I can do. Or afford.


Once I started taking out tacks, I realized that underneath all those tacks were STAPLES. ie, pure evil. Like I said, tacks are the easy part. I drove all around town searching for one of these:

But... nobody carries them! Not anything like them!! Lowes had a bigger thing for prying nails, but there was no way it was going to get under my little staples :(




Here's my last tack.... kind of a bittersweet moment as I realized that while one step was finished, an awfully big one was about to begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment